2/9/22

A Blog Update

Quiapo, Manila 2017

Many years ago, I've started White Jeepney so that I can express my love in Cinema.  I remember the days where I am always excited to write something about I just watched, whether it's a bad or a good film. It felt like there's always something to talk about. The beginning of inactivity of this blog started when I am no longer a student.  Cinema never really left me despite the years of me not being to see as much movies as I used to, but I discovered something, that is more tangible in terms of my creative preference.

Taft Avenue, Manila 2017

One of the most specific aspect of Cinema that fascinates me, is the story telling, the structure of it, and how it was being  told in sequence and phasing, however, it's really the story telling that enthralls me the most. I was opportunity to be part of creating such wonderful art, however, I did failed being consistent and being trustworthy in making the project, that I ended leaving. It has something more to do regarding personal obstacles that affect priority, and from that time being, I stopped.

I stopped at many things, and that includes Cinema. However, the idea of stories have been so attached to my consciousness that it kinda make it difficult for me to escape it. I tried to be the typical 9-6 corporate slave, yet in such condition I still found myself looking for stories to see or even tell; I was walking in the streets of Manila and all I can see is stories to be told, and the only way I can capture this moment is a camera. So I did pull up my phone camera and start taking photographs of this compelling sceneries that I could only capture, one frame at a time.

The update of this blog, will slowly transition from talking about films being told by others to a craft that I myself experienced, and now I found a platform to share it even further. The other goa of this update is reconciliation, a slow dance from a music that hasn't being played for years. I wanted to reconcile with people I've left, those who have entrusted me with their craft to film.

Quiapo, Manila 2018

I hoped that my love with Photography and Telling a story through it will help me with this reconciliation, and to hope that this blog will fulfill the goal. Moving forward I will share more photographs I've taken. Most of them will be coming from my Archives, since 2017.  To see more of my work you can visit my Instagram profile  @kurtca9 


No comments:

Post a Comment